Monday, March 15, 2010

rAiN & miRaCLeS‏

I think that weeks go faster and faster from here on out. This week was a good er. It’s lookin a lot like spring! It has just POURED! I really gotta find me an umbrella lol. But we had a crazy storm the other day that was just BOMB! So beautiful….

I got to go to the Manhattan Temple on Thursday for my ½ way mark. Wow…. I was a bit nervous the day before, I think bc it’s been so long and I was sad to find that my temple dress has gotten a l.i.t.t.l.e bit…..smaller since the last time I wore it. Lol…darn missions. I gotta find a different release haha. But it was seriously incredible. I love the temple and can’t wait to go a lot more when I get back. I’m dealing with crazy emotions right now. It was crazy to be at the temple and try to think that it was really for my ½ way mark and then that it was all done and over with so fast. I would say the next time I go will be my departing trip, but we’re gonna get some ppl there before then J But it was so nice and what’s crazy is when you realize how much a mission takes out of you. When I got back I was so drained in every possible way. I got a bit overwhelmed with all the feelings of how fast time has gone and I feel I don’t have enough time for everything that needs to get done. It was really hard to focus/concentrate bc I was so “hurry hurry hurry!” But things are pickin up again. Wednesday I experienced a miracle J We were at the bus stop waiting and I thought that while I was waiting I would try to talk to some ppl. I stepped out when I Spanish lady stepped in, I smiled and said hello. I stood there contemplating if I should try to talk to her or fearless someone else. For about 3 mintues I was just standing there talking in my head lol. I was looking around when I turn around and she is next to me. She says, “I need to know about your church.” I think that maybe my jaw just dropped. I haven’t heard that one yet. I was just screaming in my head, “Oh my gosh.” I was like, “Oh, haha, well…” and I pointed right at the street sign, “It’s right on that street on block down.” I thought she was gonna cry, “Really!? That is so great!” She proceeds to tell me that she was living in Manhattan for a little and was meeting with the Spanish missionaries there for about 6 months. But she lost contact bc she stopped going to church bc the commute was too hard and then she moved here. I find that she is a single mom of 7 children, her husband left her. I was able to carry her stroller and talk with her on the bus. She is such a sweetheart and I was able to get her information. She wanted me to send the Spanish elders, she wants to go to church. At her stop I helped get her stroller off and said good bye. I just sat on the bus…so humbled. It was incredible. The elders have called her and she is very sincere. They are meeting with her tomorrow J I hope to see her at church. The family we are working with, Mike, Reshma, and Ashley are getting baptized on Sunday :D It is going to be so nice. We went to another baptism yesterday. His name was Janet (Johnea) and he is actually a famous painter in Haiti. It was really neat. After E. Merrill baptized him, Janet turned around and just grasped him in a big hug. It was soooo cool. Another woman is also getting baptized next week with the family. It’s going to be awesome. Well! I think that about does it for this week! I hope you all have a SPLENDID one! I love you so much and will be back next week! Love you!



Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment