Monday, March 1, 2010

mArCh MiRaCLeS‏

Chellom! Brad’s last Monday at home! I had to force myself to not think about it all week, which was especially hard on Sunday. I kept thinking of what everyone was probably doing and was really wanting to be there. I know Brad did amazing and he’ll be a great missionary. I miss him lots….it’s gonna be a while till I see him again.

This week was a really slow week, but it was really good as well. We went to go look up a former investigator. We were heart attacking her door when I man came out of another door on the same floor. We got done and went to go down the stairs where he was standing. We said hello and asked how he was. He answered not good, he was having a rough day. We asked him if there was anything we could do and he asked if we could talk. We were like, “sure!” We ended up talking for 11/2 to 2 hrs. He was raised baptiste and told to not talk to the Mormons. He asked a lot of great questions. At the end he said, “I really like what you are teaching. It makes sense.” :D He wanted a BOM so we met him again the next day and taught him. When I told him that we lived with Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ before we came here he said, “You have blown me away.” He was astounded. He loved it. He told us the first time we met him that he believes that everything happens for a reason and that he knows that we were supposed to meet. He is 27 from Florida and has only been in NY for 21/2 months. He said that he has been looking for a church that is right for him bc he has been putting God second in his life. He was so prepared. We were planning on going to Bensonhurst (S. Smith’s old area) on Sunday (yesterday) bc if you all remember Isabelle, who showed up at church and loved it but ended up not being in our area; well she was in Bensonhursts area and she is getting baptized. So Pres said we could go bc S. Smith was originally “supposed” to be there and I had first taught her. But when Amos said he was going to take Sunday off to come to church, we both wondered what we were gonna do. We went home and prayed about it and didn’t know. When we met with him the second time, the spirit was so strong and we both knew that we must make this sacrifice. We were called here, we must be here. Amos came to church yesterday. :D The hard part was seating. We had over the number that we can fit in the chapel. The elders were bringin in as many chairs as they could fit, and a lady came and stole Amos’ chair. So he stayed out during the sacrament and Elder Merrill taught him about the Priesthood. :D He came in and during one of the talks he leaned over and said, “I like this.” He kept nodding his head at things and even sang the songs. Then we got in gospel principles and man….haha, ppl were all surprised bc he just had such amazing questions. Then we had a game where we had to guess what prophet went to what story. Amos knew all of them except Adam, he didn’t understand why we looked at Adam as a prophet. When he left his only concern was a living prophet and knowing if he was a true prophet and not a false one. He loved the elders and when we got out he told us that he wanted to be a lot more forward and ask a lot more questions but the teacher was so “small and innocent” that he didn’t want to put her on the spot. HAHAHAH. So we are meeting him at the church with the Elders. Its gonna be awesome. :D I am really excited. He is so funny, we just love him. So pray for Amos.

Then we met with another investigator who has only been here a year and is learning English, she speaks French. It was so awesome bc the sisters before never showed her The Restoration DVD, so that was what we were gonna do. We ended up watching it in French with English subtitles. The spirit was incredible…..absolutely incredible. You could really feel that there was someone else in that room. I loved watching it in a different language.

Today we got a text. We have been asked to take the greenies on a street sweep (where we go out on the sidewalk and talk to ppl). They get here today and before they go home they are putting them right in….RIGHT HERE IN JAMAICA! Haha, poor kids….Jamaica is so crazy, this will be their first fearlessing experience. It’ll be awesome. We get to meet the new sisters. There are two coming in, but idk if they are English or Spanish.

I can’t believe it is already March. My half way is on Wednesday which is even more weird. It’s so weird to think that the time I have left is how long I have been here. It’s scary bc it went so fast, I feel like I just got here…..how will the next 8 months be? Hmmm. Pretty scary. But I am excited for summer still!!!! It snowed like crazy here!!! Brrrrr. I can’t wait to get rid of this coat!!!! It is so beat up. I find my wardrobe quite funny….the sole on my shoe is practically hanging off lol. Gotta find some new ones J Hey! I love you all and hope you have a hApPy MaRcH!!!!



LOVE YOU!!!

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment