Monday, November 30, 2009

family






Holla! My family friends, hello!!! :D I hope everyone’s Thanksgiving was blessed and amazing, I missed everyone and hope you all thought of me! ;) Because I surely thought of you! I realized that I think that all my family is really the best cooks BECAUSE…now this is a little sad but…I didn’t like the food that much. I mean like, it was ok! But I miss my home cookin! Anyways, I was very thankful to be able to enjoy a good meal, because I know there are many many kids who never get that, so I’m very grateful.
Well, the week started off with a little trip to Manhattan. I’ve been going for some health issues but all is well ? We had a little fun… ;) President Nelson told us to go and walk through central park ? it was very nice, President must really like us or something, LOL. We also got to see the Manhattan Temple which is of course a joy! But we are going back today! (this was only after my companion whined a little about it being her last real pday and going to Manhattan ?) So we are going to be taking picture stops at the Rockefeller Center and Time Square and then a stop at Canal Street. An hour in any city in New York is like 5 minutes by the time you get to your destination. With public transportation and the crazy traffic everything takes forever, so pdays kinda stink bc they are actually long hard days. But it will be fun ?
Good ol Turkey Day was pretty fun, but still busy ? We went to the Turkey Bowl which was with a few of our ward members and then all the missionaries lol. We had fun and gotta a lil muddy. Then we ate turkey and then went to another dinner appt but ended up taking it home bc we were stuffed…they gave us SO MUCH FOOD! We are always grateful for food LOL. On Friday we were riding the shuttle when 5 little boys between the age of 9-12 came up and asked if we had any change. Sadly we of course said no bc we’re poor and we asked what they were doing. They said there school was raising money for food for kids in the Philippines and Africa. They said that after they collect money they do a dance and we were like, “Well, where’s our dance!?” They got a little bashful but we kept telling them we wanted a dance! Finally, they started clapping and chanting cool lil street songs and each boy did this improv street dance! They were amazing! They were so good! I was in awe! They were all swingin on the railings and doing this amazing hip hop. So we told them that they should do that and shout to the people the purpose of what they’re doing. So they went on the other side and came back and were saying they were scared bc there was too many people, so we were like, “OK, we’ve got a plan. We’re gonna go with you and start clappin and cheerin you on to get the people to get excited and pay attention ok?” So we went to the other side and we were just clappin and cheering for them and these women were just loving it, it was so adorable. People started really donating. It was awesome! Then on Saturday we had a street sweep which we do every transfer. A street sweep is where the missionaries in our zone meet somewhere and teach everyone on the street for however long it lasts. So we went to the Atlantic Center (big mall) and taught people on the street for an hour and a half. I personally am not a fan just because there are swarms of us and people see what is going on and I feel that they feel they are just another person instead of it being “personal.” But it was ok, it was windy and cold, but we talked to a lot of people and got some lesson and investigators ? Then last night we had a concert at the Midwood Chapel (actually where we live) called “Songs of the Restoration.” It’s a new thing the mission is doing where you just read a principle out of the Restoration pamphlet and after each principle there is a musical number. We invite everyone we possibly can and involve the ward members. We came up with a great idea for when we do it with our ward, to also have a church tour and have members give a little talk on what we do in each room ? We’re pretty excited.
Well that is all that is new for now. I hope everyone has a beautiful week and I’ll be back soon! ?
Love,
Sister Phillips

AND CONGRATS TO BROTHER BRAD! SOUTH CAROLINA IS BEAUTIFUL! You'll get a great accent! LOL

No comments:

Post a Comment