Monday, November 16, 2009

hEy!‏
From: Lynette Phillips (nettiebaskettie@myldsmail.net)
Sent: Mon 11/16/09 8:12 AM
To: phillipstrucking_252@msn.com

Dearest Family!Holy my cow! As the days go on they get faster and busier. And it’s already another pday! It’s already the 4th week of this transfer, I am sad that my days with my lovely and bestie Sister Frodsham are close to an end!  Her family will be here in 21/2 weeks, I’m so excited to meet them! We aren’t letting that drag us in any way tho! It seems as if it is pushing us to go even faster! We have been SUPER busy! I have been SO exhausted, but I love it! On Thursday we got invited to the Relief Society Pres. House for breakfast so bc it takes us an hour to get to our are we had to leave at 6:15. It was really fun bc her house is so homie! She had to leave at 8 for work but bc Thurs mornings are our weekly planning time we got to plan at her home. We were so booked that day that we didn’t get home until 9:45! It feels good to be busy, I just wish I were a little healthier. The dr here put me on more amoxicillin for the long infection I’ve had in my throat, and some how on top of taking an antibiotic I have a cold/sinus infection??? I’ve had a hard time sleeping which is no beuno when you’re going non stop, but its all good  It’s hard to sleep when there is a spring punching your spine…lol. Anyways!Tuesday was zone conference which was ok. We got all cute and curled our hair…Grandma I put a red belt with the jumper you made me and wore black tights  So got cute in a sister missionary way hahaha. There are times when you feel really inadequate and that zone conference was one of them  But hey, its all good! We had a really good lesson with Rhonda, the LA that was baptized 14 years ago bc her friend did… She is a very faithful Pentecostal and loves us, but when we teach her, her eyes are just filled with fear. Fear that what we teach is true, and she doesn’t want to believe it. She loves her bible and becomes very defensive when we combine the BOM or principles of the church with it. She is starting to become quieter tho, because we have the answers to all of her questions and scriptures to support them. But the spirit was so strong when we taught her it was so good. We hadn’t seen her in a couple of weeks bc she never returned our call, turns out she didn’t get the message and was so sad! She thought we were upset with her and she missed us, so that is good! Every Saturday we play ultimate Frisbee and it just keeps getting better and better  My lungs are getting stronger so that is so good  This week the Bishop named me MVP  It made me feel super good, I love it! Yesterday was Stake Conference and afterwards we had a little lesson with a Jewish lady. Aaron (RM and very active) married her not too long ago. She had a question about Abraham sacrificing Isaac. It was quite interesting. She pretty much thought that God is all just and not merciful. She asked a missionary if he would kill his daughter if God asked him to and the Elder said if he prayed and knew God wanted him to, and she was so upset with this. So she wanted to hear our views. It was a really good lesson. All the amazing people that we have found and taught have kinda dropped off the ends of the world, but we’re keeping the faith. We are working hard and know that the Lord will provide away, there must be a trial of faith first  Tomorrow is the missions Sister Conference. So we travel to the mission home and have lunch and a speaker, so that is exciting. Thanksgiving is next week! Crazy! President Nelson is really so great! He is doing great things for this mission. He is letting us play games (Turkey Bowl) and things like that on Thanksgiving. So that is exciting. Then we are having a huge Christmas Devotional where the whole mission will get together on Christmas Eve. I think Pres is making sure to keep us from getting too trunky and help us to have a good time. Which I think is just great, he is so inspired, I love him so much. Well, that’s all for now! I love you all so much!!! Have a fantastical week! Love,Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment