Monday, November 9, 2009

new from n.y.

Another Pday!
So this week was another great week! We were super busy and we’ve been crazy exhausted! But it is so worth it! I love when the days fly by. We’ve met a ton of super amazing people, we are just praying with all energy of heart that we can give them what they need to bring them into the kingdom of God.
This week we started off with a lesson with Coaisha, the great prepared lady I talked about last week. Well we went and she already had a referral for us named James, who later gave us a referral as well! :D We showed The Restoration DVD and the spirit was amazing. She loved it and thought it was beautiful! We bore testimony and then she asked how she could know! She asked if we could teach her to pray! :D Oh my gosh. So we all knelt right there in the small living room and said a prayer. Her daughter was silent the whole time. It was incredible. She wanted us back that Thursday, but sadly something came up and we are meeting again tonight!  The next day, Tuesday, we fearlessed (contacted on the street), a girl named Quanisha. She is 19 and has a 3 month old baby. She was super excited and said that she has been searching for a church to raise her son in, he already has a suit and everything. We haven’t met with her yet, but are praying, praying! It so sad when your amazing days don’t work out tho. For Thursday we had an amazing day planned. We have weekly planning in the morning and were booked for the whole day with all 3 of our investigators and planned on committing all 3 of them to baptism. Sadly we were only able to meet with one, we did commit her but she has a hard time with the culture difference. Our ward is chuck full of the BYU implants so they are all white. She said she would pray about when the Lord would have her baptized so we again are praying she receives an answer for soon! Then Friday we had Combined District Meeting. Oh my, it was so amazing! It is so nice to go and be spiritually fed, after you leave you feel you can conquer the world! So that was really nice.
This week we were able to bring the Harvest Baskets to life. I’m pretty sure that I emailed about them but I’m going to again incase I didn’t. So our ward is pretty much built on a sure foundation and almost all of them have served missions. We know that our ward has great potential and President Eyring has said that member missionary work was really going to increase and President has said he feels it will start in the Park Slope ward. So we were wondering what in the world we could do to excite and help the ward with missionary work. As S. Frodsham was praying I received this little inspiration called the Harvest Basket  I couldn’t wait till she finished her prayer bc things were just pouring out to me. So the “Harvest Basket” (Field is white already to harvest, great for the time of season lol) is a basket with a DVD, BOM, 3 pass-along cards, and a service treat. There are 2 of them, on the elders pass and one we pass. The family will hold a FHE for the first Monday centered on the basket and set goals and discuss how they will achieve them. We also included a card full of FHE ideas with missionary scrips, or writing their testimony in the BOM cover, etc. Each family has 2 weeks to get rid of all the stuff (the treat is for them tho ) with the basket is a journal that they will write their experience and then they will pray about the next family it goes to. This way the next family can read the experience and be motivated by hearing of the other amazing experiences of the members. We will go and refill the basket and they will pass it on to the next family. We were able to introduce them in Relief Society yesterday and they were so excited! It was so fun for me to see something I created come to life. We have really felt that amazing things are going to come from this, for our members are our greatest tool. I’m super nervous but hope they go as planned. We took our basket to our chosen couple last night and they were honored to be the ones to start the Harvest and are excited to get going on it. Oh and when they pass the basket along they make a little service treat for the next family so that they are doing an act of service for a member. Isn’t it great? Gosh I love the spirit. I’m so excited to see what happens! I hope that makes sense 
Today we are going to Bensonhurst (oriental part of Brooklyn) for some shopping and bubble tea  They have cheap stuff there and gma just sent me 25$ do we’re gonna see if we can treat ourselves in some way. Oh! And on Saturday, we had correlation and it was awesome! The couple is like hardcore English, but not really. But we had a tea party! We had herbal tea in serious tea cups with lil plates and cookies. Next time we’ll have scones and tea!!! That is called “creamed tea.” Hahaha, it felt so awesome!!! I’m so going to get a tea set and have my girlfriends come over for tea parties! Lol! Grandma sent me dried apples and they are so nummy!!! Hehehe, good good times!!!!
Goodness its time to go already, we have to get going so that we can get everything done. Pdays really do suck bc they are so short, but they come fast when you work hard  I love you all and am so grateful for your support, letters, packages, LOVE, and getting me here! You’re all what got me here and just what I need!!! Loves You SO much!!!!

Love,
Sister Phillips

P.S: The ink on my pillow case smeared everywhere  I never thought I slobbered but I guess I just crash now hahaha, but I’m so sad that it smeared. I tried washing it but its stained that way  LOVE YOU!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment