Saturday, November 7, 2009

new










This is where i will post pictures and posts from my current and future missionaries.

hApPy MoNdAy!
Hello again! Sorry I missed emailing you all last week! My comp and I had been down with the flu and we really hadn’t gotten out or done anything, we missed all the fun things that were going on, but hey, we got rest and are healthy now 
So after being up all night with the flu we had a combined district meeting that morning and we were holding a “funeral” for an Elder who was “dying” (going home, what a sweet way to say things lol) so of course my comp wanted to go, so green and all I got up and dressed in black and went. But it was really fun. I helped make up this awesome goodbye song and it turned out totally kickin! The Elders loved it. So it was really fun, but did suck bc they had a ton of food that I wanted to eat but was too afraid of it coming back…so I took some home of course and really recovered quite quickly and was just really weak. That night my comp came down sick so we stayed in that day and missed the wards annual Chili cook-off which we were planning on winning since we had gotten here. The elders got sick that night as well and ended up not being able to go either, total stink! Slowly but surely we’re regaining our strength. My comp hadn’t been sick since she was 12 and so she really didn’t know what to do lol. I told her after so long that she really needed to drink and get liquids, but she wouldn’t bc she was so frightened of throwing up, so she was out for a while….
So last week we had pres interviews and he really likes us together. Frodsham (comp) says that he got emotional when he talked about the great things we were doing. Which totally made me feel splendid bc I feel I’m not doing enough and well its hard to keep going sometimes! But we are so happy to have another transfer together! My first comp for more than a transfer! We are super excited to get things rolling even better! This is her last one, so I’m killing yet another sister, but we are planning on ending it with a big bang! Some amazing things have happened and we can’t wait to see how they go. A couple weeks ago as she was ending our comp study with a prayer a little “epiphany” if you will  came to me. We’ve been trying to think of a fun way to get the ward even more excited about missionary work. The thought came to me… “Harvest Basket.” To fill a basket with a DVD, 3 pass-along cards, a service card, and a treat. The family will hold a FHE about how they plan on giving the stuff away and they have 2 weeks to do it. Then we will come pick up the basket and share our experiences. We will refill it and that family will then pass it along to another family. Included will be a journal where the family can’t write their experience and it will pump the next family up to see that amazing things that have happened. When I told Frodsham she totally freaked! When she told our district, they totally freaked! They think that this is going to bring a lot of success and will really bless the ward as well as the church and us  so we’re super excited to get the “Harvest Basket” rolling 
I hope everyone had a fun and safe “all hallow’s day” or HaPpY HaLLoWeeN! Things are so interesting here  Or course you have the Jews and Jehovah Witnesses who don’t celebrate so we got a nice pamphlet speaking of Halloween and how it is evil….and we also saw lots of cute and fun costumes. We got to do service at Prospect Park which was helping set up all the fun events for the children. So that was actually kinda lame bc hey already had a ton of help. For our own safety we had to be in by 5 and do our weekly planning and the rest of the night is ours. So after our long 2 hour planning session, we made pumpkin pancakes with buttermilk syrup and deep-fried rolos and oreos with ice cream and egg nog! We had lots of fun talking and laughing and eating a ton!
The work goes on and we’ve met a lot of people we feel have been prepared. On Thursday night we were on our way to look up a media referral and then go to an appt. Well we made it to our appt’s house and noticed we had missed the road to the media’s house a while ago. We only had 25 minutes so we decided to talk to people on the street aka. Fearlessing. People weren’t very receptive that night but we managed to get 3 lessons before our appt. We got to her house and she said that something came up (cosco’s….) lame, so we were like, “Well, I guess we can go look up the media now.” So on our I saw a lady with a little girl and decided to stop and share a book of mormon card with her. When I told her about it she was totally pumped and said she wished we had the book on us! She made an appt for us to come by (tomorrow) and totally noticed it as a sign from God. She told us that she was on her way home and never went that way, but for some reason did that night. We were so stoked and are praying she is the one! Her name is Coaisha, so you can add her to your prayers. So we continued on to the media’s house and when we got there her sister in law, Barbara, answered and told us she wasn’t there. So we taught Barbara…who happened to be interested! She told us that she will be sure to be there when we go back to teach her sister in law so that she can sit in! She then told us that she had just barely gotten home…So if we would have went to her house earlier she wouldn’t have been there and we wouldn’t have met Coaisha. God works in mysterious ways! When things don’t go right and things are falling through, keep your eyes open to what is happening around you, blessings are constantly poured. We just have to be awake and aware! He has a plan! :D We were blessed.
So with the nice time change I’m now waking up at 5:30 bc my body still thinks it is 6:30 ugh. But we woke up early today and got way dressed up  We curled our hair and are wearing our cute clothes and going to go take fall pictures at Prospect Park  It feels good to be in regular clothes and have cute hair! It’s a nice little break from the skirt for at least a while. The tree’s and colors are spectacular here. Things grow like 3 times as big as they do in the West. The leaves are bigger than my head here. Its so awesome. Its starting to get chilly and we are bundling up for the nights. It is so uncomfortable! You feel like a sumo running around, and on the train or bus you just sweat! It’s so fun! LOL!
Well I’m now in the transfer that I will be celebrating my 6 month mark which is super weird. Our mission has 2 dates we can go home bc our mark ends right in middle of the transfer so we can leave either a transfer early or transfer later. Nov. 9th is my early one so it is weird to think that I am already about a year away. But I plan on taking my late date which is December 21, a nice little Christmas present  but that is still a year away and I have lots to do and really so little time to do it. So I’m working my lil buns off 
Again I hope everyone had a Happy and safe Halloween and Happy November 1st! I love you all and will be back next week!

Love,
Sister Nettie Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment