Monday, December 7, 2009

Hey everyone! I’ll just jump right in with the happenings! Last week we went to Manhattan and had a lot of fun! We went to Time Square and took pics. It was incredible. The only sucky thing was that it rained the entire time! A man actually stopped us and asked us about the church! :D We gave him a pamphlet with a number, so that was way awesome! We didn’t go to Rockefeller Center bc the tree wasn’t lit yet. But we did get to Canal Street and got some gifts  I wish I had lots of money! Stuff is so cheap here! It was way awesome! These people are walking around from the stores and Frodsham asked a random lady that was passing by if they had hand bags. She asked me if I had heard about when they take you down to the basement…. I was like, “NO!” Then we’re following this lady somewhere and she is talking on a walkie talkie and steps into the store and this other guy takes us through the back and through a door (by now I’m really freaking out) and another guy takes us down these stairs to the basement and down a hall. All a sudden a Chinese lady opens a random door and motions us in. (this basement was unfinished, so it was pretty creepy) She shuts the door and locks it and continues to whisper to some other girls who were in there. The room was like 11’x11’ and hand bags aligned the wall. It was so crazy!!! Frodsham found out about this from her sister. She ended up buying a hand bag; they sell the good ones for cheap down there! LOL that was an experience! Tuesday was President Interviews and they were good of course…he asked me about training, I just told him that I saw a trainer as this incredible missionary and I can’t wait to be that. Well, Wednesday night I got a call from President. Yup, I’m training. Frodsham told me that in the temple he came up to her and asked if she thought I was ready to train. She said she’d pray about it. Later he went up to her and said he felt really good about it. He told me over the phone that he has a lot of confidence in me and that he doesn’t pick his trainers lightly. I then heard that quite a few people told him I should train! I felt really good that people think I’m a good missionary, but man, I’m only in my 5th transfer! I’m super nervous! I have huge butterflies! I pick her up tomorrow! I’m so scared to have to figure out public transportation on my own! But I know that out of weak things come strong things and from this I’ll grow and gain lotsa strength. She’ll teach me a lot. Oh and there are only 2 sisters comin…one is from good ol Montpelier Idaho! LOL. So then on Saturday we got to go to a baptism of the elders, Chris Brown.  He is incredible! His ex gf that is at BYU (he is from Pittsburg) sent him a BOM and he couldn’t stop reading it. He showed up to church one day, already to Alma, and has been doing everything pretty much on his own! He was totally prepared. It was the perfect time. He is 18 and wants to go on a mission. He is exactly what the missionaries want! He goes to all the activities and everything on his own. It was awesome! Then yesterday we got to hang out with Frodshams parents!  We’ve had a bunch of fun. Transfers are tomorrow, we have to go early bc of training meetings. Anyways, that is all for now. It’s getting super cold here. It’s been way wet and freezing. It started snowing the other day but of course it was too wet and didn’t stick. So! I’ll be back next week with updates on my KID! Love you all! Be safe and I’ll talk to you soon~
Love,
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment