Monday, September 27, 2010

Back to the Beginning~

Welcome Autumn! Yeahhh!

We had a good week this week to close up the transfer. We had alot of great lessons and visits with Less Actives. The work is going so well here and it is great to see everyone progressing so much. I love seeing the change from 12 weeks ago to now. Wow! I can't believe I I have been here 12 weeks!

I hope all you Relief Society women were able to see the broadcast. It was so nice and I am PUMPED for conference! Yeahhh! President Monson was so funny that night! We were able to drive down to Plainview to see it and brought two inactives with us! So that was super nice! It was so weird to be there again! My very first Zone Conference was there. I saw some ppl from the Bay Shore ward whom I hadn't seen in prob around 13 or more months. It was so nice.

Sat afternoon I got a call from President. He asked me a few questions tryin to gather info about this next transfer. He asked me about Bay Shore and I told him that I would really love to end my mission here in Riverhead. After prayin I called back to be more clear and he said he had prayed about it and that I need to go to Bay Shore. It is so hard bc I don't really know what i want lol. I just want this last transfer to be the best and no doubt, I will make it the best!

Testimony meeting was so good yesterday. I had been preparing a song for sacrament for the best few weeks. It was the "Our Mothers Taught Us" and I had all 6 of the elders plus 3 of the young men from the branch doing it. We called to put it on the program and were reminded that it was Fast and Testimony Mtg! Oh No! Well we were able to get it approved by the Branch President after callin a second time with a different route ;) I had one of the young men bear his testimony on the Book of Mormon at the end of the mtg and then we did the song. It was AWESOME : D So we had a great day with a Break the Fast after with lots of yummy food.

Anywho. I hope everyone is enjoying the changing leaves! I lvoe the feeling of fall. So spiritual! Something so awesome that I pondered and studied this week was about our earth. I was reading in Jesus the Christ and I've been pondering on what it is about Fall that just gives me that "spiritual" feeling. I love that the earth was created spiritually before it was physically, just like us :) And just a few weeks ago I was talkin to my comps about how i felt that the earth has feelings. Well, then I read in Jesus the Christ about how after Christ's crucifixion the earth grew dark and stormy as we know. Elder Talmage says that it was a great manifestation of how upset the earth was to see her creator die such an ugly death. And i started thinkin of how when the ppl turn to evil the earth goes into famine and pestilence. The earth does feel. Then! I was listening to a tape of conference from back in the 80's and I can't remember the name but he was talking about how the creation is an essential and important part of the Plan of Salvation. In order for us to leave Father's presence to have our own experiences He had to prepare a place to do so. I just love it. And now i'm blabbereing. Anywho!

I love you all and hope you have a great and fantastic week!!!!

Love,
Sister Phillips

1 comment:

  1. Interesting comments on the earth. The was my talk in Sacrament a couple weeks ago was about the Creation and how we need to take better care of it. Nice. Time for you is flying by SO quickly. Enjoy!!! :) Love Ya Lot's Did you ever get your V-Tine's??? So late...lol

    ReplyDelete