Monday, October 4, 2010

SpEcTaCuLaR miRaCLeS*‏

Happy Monday!

Hello from Bayshore! I hope everyone had a great conference weekend and had questions answered and some amazing spiritual upliftment! Wasn’t it great!? I am so sad that it is already over! It goes so fast! It was so nice to hear a prophet of God speak. And the music was INCREDIBLE! Every time conference is here I just can’t help but think of how richly blessed we are to live in this dispensation. To live in a time where we don’t have to walk in darkness but that we and our families can be guided by a prophet and apostles truly called of God. What a blessing! Feel free to email me your favorite speakers or things that stood out to you. I’d love it!

Sunday and Monday were some tear filled days of saying good-bye but it did feel right to be going. Well I am loving it here in Bayshore! It is so good to be back and see all of my family here again! :) I remember missionaries saying how weird it is to go back to old areas but it really hasn’t been weird here at all. My comp, Sister Jewkes, is so awesome! She is on her 3rd transfer and is a hard worker! I LOVE LOVE LOVE her! She is from Taylorsville, UT! There really, I believe, isn’t a better way I could’ve had for my last transfer. …Idk if that sentence made sense…. But what I’m trying to say is this will def be the best way to spend my last transfer. We have seen nothing but spectacular miracles! And I believe that they are going to keep coming. At transfer meeting President Nelson told us to make October a month to never be forgotten and pray to see spectacular miracles and we def are being sure to make that true. So lets talk about some spectacular miracles!

Tuesday we jumped right in to teaching and it was awesome! We got home (which is a diff home then when I was here:D) I unloaded my bags, got some food and off we were! We went to see a 17 yr old young man and ended up rescheduling, but as we were walking away to our car there was a lady sitting out on her lawn, so we decided to go talk to her. She ended up being from Africa and actually asked us to go to Africa and bc we have such “pretty skin” to find a man there and get married. It was really funny. Then a young girl (sr in HS) came out and I waved her over. We got talking and she is just awesome! She talked about how no one here is aware of God and disreguards Him and she is apart of the Bible Society at school! Yes! Well she loves the BOM and wants to share it with the Bible Society and she has been lookin for a church to go to around her. She had a dream when she was younger doing missionary work and so that is what she tells everyone she is gonna do when she is older! She came to conference yesterday and we are so excited to talk some more to her. We ended up having 3 investigators at conference yesterday, 2 of which are new within the past couple of days! Which leads me to the incredible MARIA!

Maria went on a business trip in SLC a few months ago and actually went again about a month ago. A friend there gave her a BOM and told her some things she really needed to see while she was in SL. She has been to Music and the Spoken Word twice, saw the Joseph Smith movie, and said that when she stepped on Temple Square she felt so at peace. She had a lot of miracles happen when she was there, one of which when she was trying to find the church. She went to temple square and they gave her a paper with the address of the church to go to. So she went out and while walking she really had no idea where she was going. So she stopped to ask a lady and the lady put her arm around her and said, “I’m going to. Lets go together.” Her name ended up being Maria as well. Much of the miracles of Maria will have to wait when I get home, but she is so incredible. She has already read 1 & 2 Nephi. She went to a church out here and they told her she was in the wrong area so she felt kinda tossed around. Well she called us like Thursday and said she wants to come and is very interested in the church. Then her friend from UT called and Maria really has been callin us since then. She came to a session on Sat and one on Sunday. We met with her after Saturdays and it was incredible. Her story….she’s incredible. We are so very excited to teach her and help her to find the peace and comfort the gospel brings.

So that is the sum of the miracles for this week. I hope everyone prays to see miracles as well. I know that if we do that we can see them. The Lord will use our every effort. I love you all so so much and hope everyone continues to be safe and healthy. Have a great week!

Love,

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment