Tuesday, September 7, 2010

One Big Family‏

Well this week flew. I helped the worlds best mission correlator pack up and move on Tuesday all day. It was a super long day. I worked as the sisters went and taught. Yeah for a trio and member splits! LOL. I was totally exhausted! I was so sad to see them leave. We had heard of the Hurricane warning from everyone, it was at a #4. Thurs morning we got a call from President asking us to come "sleep over." Haha. So we had to be at the mission home that day and we also asked instead of 9 Liters of water we now needed 9 gallons! It was so funny at the grocery store for all of us to be getting so much water....27 gallons! Our cart was towering...greedy lil sisters haha. The register said a choice word and that everyone was freakin out about this thing. Haha. Well we got to presidents and had a great time. We met alot of great people. That night we were going to go to a DA with the spanish elders there and as we were waiting a 15 yr old boy was going around selling the varsity football coupon books. Sis. Nelson invited him in and introduced us. We actually ended up teaching him. He had only been there for 3 weeks, his parents had just divorced and he had had 3 very important people suddenly die. He said that he was actually lookin for a church. So awesome. We were able to go with the elders and eat some yummy yummy Bubuza's. Soooo yummy. We got to tract quite a bit on Friday with Sister Nelson which was so good. We got back on Saturday morning and nothing had really even happened. Haha, the elders had to stay in and I guess that it was practically sunny out lol. But safety first :)
Yesterday was the best fast and testimony meeting I've been to. 4 spanish women got up one after another bearing strong tear filled testimony's of strength and how the gospel has changed their lives. Our investigator Tony came to church for the first time. He really likes to talk and decided he'd like to do so at the pulpit. We were a bit nervous. After talkin for a bit he mentioned that the Book of Mormon had changed his dad's like (now deceased) and he knows therefore that it DOES change lives. After another 5 mins of talking his ride, Ssiter Wallace came up, rubbed his back and came in. She is incredible and really did this in such a loving way. She talked about how children like Tony that go through such hard trials and tribulations and how great it is when they attend the church with us. Then after her Brother Vogal got up and before he spoke he shook Tony's hand and then started to talk about the Pre-Mortal Life. He turned to Tony and said, "Did you hear that Tony? You and I, we shouted for joy to come here. We were happy." I can't even explain how strong the spirit of brotherly/sisterly love was in the chapel that day. It was so incredibley strong. What great ppl. It was so humbling to see a brother and sister of Tony's, who once before this life knew each other and loved each other, who in common chose to follow Jesus Christ and come to earth, stand and show such powerful love to their brother who they loved.
I really do know that we each are so important in our Fathers lives. It's as if we were the only creature Father had ever created, He knows us that personally. Each one of us is his beloved son or daughter. We are all brothers and sisters, black, white, tall, short, blonde hair, black hair....each of us chose to come here and we are all trying to return to Him who gave gave us life spiritually and physically. I hope that I can be a helping hand to those of my brothers and sisters who have lost their way. The people here are incredible and are such a great example to me. How blessed I am to have such a wonderful family at home and in church. I know that my Father lives and that He loves me so much that He would give His only son, to die just for me, even if I were the only creature He had ever created.
Love you all so much and I Hope you have a good and safe Labor Day.

Love,
Sister Phillips

1 comment:

  1. U r such an inspiration. I love u and I'm anxious to see u . Leslie is so very excited to see you. If we only knew how much our Heavenly Father loves us. Each little trial just prepares us for another to make us grow in love and understanding. You are learning so much. Love u GmaD.

    ReplyDelete