Monday, June 7, 2010

cHeWy CaTeRpiLLaRs~'‏

Hey family! Another week has gone. Starting week 3 of the transfer…man that is just weird. We’ll leave it at that. Brad’s weekly will totally beat mine up tho. We had interviews with President this week and that is always good J Being a trio can be hard at times but also very fun. There is a greenie in our zone that has 21 in his family all together. They have adopted I think 6 and are planning on 2 more. He is pretty funny. We as always ran into some interesting ppl. It’s really fun to seriously try to talk to everyone you possibly can. Some days are harder than others, but the days you do bring some memorable times lol. I talked to two crazy guys. One had me pull out my scriptures to show us something out of the bible and he went on and on, I actually don’t know what his point was. But he told us that we haven’t had no tribulation yet and we haven’t hardly sinned yet and when we disagreed he was all askin us to confess lol. He asked if later down the road if we found that something was wrong about the gospel if we’d be “kicked out” or leave. We plainly said, “You are never kicked out it is your free choice and we won’t find anything wrong because this is God’s church.” Sheesh, some ppl. I just wish they would give what we bring a chance. They have no idea of how happy their life could be if they would. How happy life is supposed to be! Yesterday was really neat for me. Fasting really is for spiritual strengthening. While sitting listening to testimonies, for the first time I felt was is described as a “burning in your bosom.” It was so neat for me. I of course was all nervous bc I didn’t know what I was gonna say….which is funny to me bc we teach ppl we don’t even know daily and don’t know what we’re gonna say. LOL. But it was nice, the spirit was strong. I have been thinking a lot of how this gospel and our plan is all bec of happiness. Heavenly Father sent us here bc we couldn’t be as happy as he is without coming. This is the plan of HAPPINIESS. Prophets, scriptures, commandments, rules, everything is just to help our happiness to be full. It is so incedible. Wow, we really can’t even comprehend how much Father in Heaven really does love us. As the ppl here would say to that, “I know he do. I know he do.” J The sad thing is it is wearing off…. :S lol Well now for the best part of the week. Mom! I ate a caterpillar! LOL. Ok so it wasn’t for sure the best part, but I am def trying all the diff kinds of foods. We went and had dinner at a members who both are from Africa. After dinner she was talking about how her daughters teacher asked her if she really eats bugs bc that is what her daughter told her. (lol) So she goes to the freezer and pulls out a nice bag full of frozen caterpillars from Africa. I really wish I had my camera cord to send the pics. Hahahaha. Wow. Yes I did do it. I ate the head half. After that I was done. I couldn’t even get it to get smaller. The more I chewed the harder it got and more cracking as well. I hurry and drank some water, and later picked a leg out of my teeth lol. I will have to try to remember my cameral cord next week. She wants us to come on Saturday so we can have more African food and we can have the caterpillars fried bc they are better that way. LOL.

We had a great lesson this week with a new investigator who has great potential. We fearlessed each other at a bus stop. His name is Venel, from Haiti. (He’ll fit right in :D ) We had a member come who speaks french bc its really hard for us to understand him and vise versa. It was sooo good. They talked a lot and hit it right off. At the end he said, “I want you to know, that I am very happy.” Gosh that was sooo cool.

We were able to get in contact with quite a few people who haven’t been to church in some time who we haven’t even met. So that was really nice. Hopefully we can bring them back.

Yesterday morning we taught a Hindu family of 5. They were so sweet. They kept asking us if they could order us some pizza. We felt so bad, but we were fasting and they already had brought us OJ lol. Indian ppl are so sweet. They really take you in.

I hit my one year birthday on Thursday. So crazy. It legit does not seem like I have been a missionary for a year. Not even real. I hope to stay here in Jamaica for another transfer, although I don’t know the odds of that. Time flies. I love you all so much and hope you are staying warm, happy and healthy. Be safe.



Love,

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment