Monday, May 10, 2010

*wArM fUzZiEs*‏

I hope all you mothers had a great and blessed mothers day and that everyone got to talk to their mommy’s, that is def the best…actually hugging them is the best, but I can def settle for now with a phone call :D I’m gonna start putting a big smiley face so that there is no “J”s hahahaha. It was nice to hear from the family, it seems like we just talked, course it has only been 4 months. It was REALLY nice to talk to Brad speaker phone to speaker phone. He sounded so good and mature :D Miss the kid…. Well not a lot has happened, my comp was a little sicky this week so it was a rather slow one. But I do have the best news one can ever get :D Last week we taught Nirva, a Haitian who had come to church that Sunday. She is such a sweetheart. She brought her mother who speaks only creole/French. It went really well and when I called her during the week she said she had read the intro of the BOM and kept reading bc she felt so good. Yesterday she and her mother came as well as Anne, who is an investigating friend that brought her. (We are teaching Anne tomorrow :D)This time Nirva brought her 2 kids. She has a 14 month old girl and I think maybe 5 yr old boy. During sacrament her daughter started fussing and you could see she was struggling with the stroller and all. I went out and was talking to her and she was telling me that she wasn’t gonna bring her next week bec she can’t listen this way. Well I told her to get back in there and let me take care of her. As soon as I went up to her daughter I bent down and she hugged me. Ohhhh, she is the sweetest little thing. Before we got back in Nirva asked me when she could get baptized and what she needed to do. Oh my goodness, I hugged her I was so happy. She told me that she just felt so good; they hymns, prayers, friends, it all made her so happy. Looks like our last Sunday of the transfer we’ll be bringing her into the fold. Oh my goodness I am just so happy. I love her. Her little son, so cute, he came out the door from primary and looked around and when he saw me he waved profusely and ran to hug me at the knees. I love this family. I love this work. It is so hard and rough but so beautiful and rewarding. Her mother was able to attend the creole class (almost our entire ward is Haitian) and she came out smiling. Tonight we are going to show the Restoration DVD in French, I am excited. President called me and told me that I have to choose between Nov 9th and Dec 22nd for departure. Sheesh louish I’ve been stressed over it. He said I needed to let him know within a couple weeks bc they get all that stuff together way in advance. It’s fishy that my card is the only card that said Dec 3rd, right in middle of a transfer. I just don’t know what to do. I’m prayin like crazy and I’d love prayers for me to receive an answer of what I am supposed to do. This Saturday looks like we’re gonna be able to go to the temple with an rcla to do baptisms. So that is exciting. The next week we are planning on taking our recent convert family well, Mike and Reshma. They are on vacation or we’d be going with the ward this week. So that will be incredible. I’m grateful for the opportunity I have to be a tool in Heavenly Fathers hands, to help bring back our family. Its been so eye opening and humbling and I feel so blessed to have his trust in me to do so. I know that he lives and loves each and every one of us, his children and wants more than anything for all of us to return. How blessed we are to have this incredible gift in our lives, to have grown up in it! How great is this work and how great is our calling to share it. I love and pray for you all and wish you the best and most blessed week!



Love,

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment