Monday, May 3, 2010

tHoUsAnD LeGGeD dUsTbAllS‏

This week was yet another great week. Yesterday was another baptism which is always INCREDIBLE! We are being so blessed. We had a street sweep on Saturday (where our whole zone goes out on a certain street and teaches) with a booth set up, and it seemed we picked a day where every other church decided to come out too. It was fun to talk to the Omish/Mennonites, who actually only come once a year, and we happened to be doing the street sweep the same time lol. It was fun tho. I had one of the best birthdays ever! I have such incredible friends and family! I was treated so well by our recent convert family Mike, Reshma, and Ashley. They took me out to T.G.I Fridays and we had lots of fun. I loved getting cards from everyone too! I am so so blessed to have such great friends and family! Wednesday we said good bye to our most recent member, Efrain and his family, that was a very sad event. But of course we will always keep in touch. It was incredible to watch that family change and come together. I miss them already. We have a temple trip coming up which is super exciting! We have some ppl that we are getting ready to go. Sadly, Mike and Reshma are going on a trip, but we planned a temple trip the last Saturday of the transfer! What a beautiful way to end the transfer! J Funny story. We were at a dinner appt at a members on Wednesday. We all got up to go to the kitchen (luckily I was the second to last with an elder following behind me) when all a sudden this big dust ball with a thousand legs ran right in front of my feet, almost stepping on it! I jumped and screamed, slapping the poor elder on the arm lol and ran to the door on the other side of the living room. The members of course had no clue what was wrong and the elder was telling me to hush and motioning me to come. I was so scared! I tip toed/ran into the kitchen. I sat the entire dinner with my feet propped up underneath me, watching the little dustball with a thousand legs attempting to come in and of course my companion across from me choking on her food as she watches me pale face. Well I lost track of it when all a sudden the other elder screamed! Haha. I turned around and there it was! Coming out from under my chair!!!! The wife came over and SPLAT! Oh for scary! So that was pretty funny. But all in all it was a great week with members, less actives and new members J Sunday we had 6 non members show up to church. All member referrals and those referrals bringing friends. Incredible! We got 2 new investigators out of it. The first question they asked me was what they had to do to get baptized…..wow. J Blessings blessings! I love this area and hope to stay for another while! I hope everyone is doing well. And has a WONDERFUL mothers day! I am so excited to talk to my marmmy!!!! J LOVE YOU!!!!



Sister Phillips

1 comment: