Monday, May 17, 2010

*aNoThEr SeTtiNg SuN*‏

Hello Family :D It feels good to be here and writing…well typing :D This week I was down sick a day or two. An awful cold is going around and then Sunday I had an awful migraine that wouldn’t even let me stand straight. But we were able to start the week off with committing Nirva for May 23rd :D Her mom (in creole) told her that she wants to get baptized to and was asking when she could. So we are having someone there for every appt that can translate for us. Nirva is so excited that she doesn’t even want to wait for her mom lol. The language can definitely be a barrier, we have to be sure to be as thorough and simple as we can and sometimes even just leave it to the very, very basics. But we feel that she loves it so much and that baptism is the best thing for her. So we are going to finish the lessons up this week and then when we re-teach them we will do so very thoroughly. I am so excited! This will be the last Sunday of the transfer. President came for interviews for the other district in the zone and afterwards we had a zone pizza party that he stayed for. He called me over and took me into the library and asked me if staying with sister smith is something that I wanted. I told him that whatever the Lord wanted was good. Later on Sister Smith and I were talking about it and she said the EXACT same thing haha. Poor president has to deal with 2 indecisive women. LOL. So we’ll see what is happening this Thursday. I’ve been a bit stressed lately with my whole departure date stuff. Its been so hard to make a decision and I’ve really been praying. I wish that I didn’t even need to worry about it. But I am going to go with Nov. 9th and have faith that it is the right choice and if not, that he will make that known to me. Its so hard, especially when Nov. 9th is only 4 transfers away…that will come so fast and I’m not sure what my feelings will be then. I guess if I want to extend I can always beg??? LOL. I just want to hurry up and make the decision so I can stop worrying about it and be completely focused. It has just been a complete distracting mess. But, I certainly hope that I can stay in Jamaica. Wednesday is our deep clean day which I am so excited for. You never have enough time and it is so nice to have almost all day to clean the entire appt. Then Thursday is our zone conference. Elder Ringwood of the 70 will be speaking to us. Friday is a fireside for everyone, will I think everyone in the stake or surrounding stakes. Saturday we are taking Mike and Reshma to the temple. Then Sunday is Nirva’s baptism! It’s going to be a crazy busy week and it is going to go so fast! The last week of the transfer! I have had the best 2 transfers yet. I have had way too much fun with sister smith. We have had so many laughs and good times. We for sure will be life long friends. I wish we could’ve roomed together up at college. We just have sooo much fun together. I will certainly miss these times. It seems like it was just yesterday that I was at the MTC. It is fun to look back and see the change and growth that has taken place since then. At times you wonder if you have changed or grown at all and even wonder what you have done. But I feel so blessed to be living a prayer I’ve had since I was young. It goes so fast, life does. I’m grateful to have this experience to learn how to make the best of life and make life the best for others. This church is most certainly God’s church on the earth today. We are so blessed to have day after day to try again and again. Life brings failure, it happens to all of us. But what counts is how we use the days after our failures. Will we get back up and try again? I love this gospel and the hope that it brings us. I love seeing the hope that it brings into peoples lives and their expressions change as they learn how important family is and that theirs can last forever. I know we have a father in heaven who loves us dearly and I can’t wait to see him again. I love you family and feel blessed to have the best! Have a blessed week.

Love,

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment