Monday, April 5, 2010

*nEw ExPeRiEnCeS*‏

Hi family!!! How was everyone’s easter and General Conference!!? Wasn’t it INCREDIBLE! Oh! I love general conference! It comes so fast and then is over so fast! :’( How I LOVE being on a mission during Easter!!! Sunday the streets were pretty much dead! I loved talking to people about Jesus Christ and the atonement and resurrection! It was so awesome! I wish it could’ve lasted longer! Sunday morning was so awesome! We had such great surprises! People coming that we didn’t expect! Our former investigator Amos! J Then our rcla that we’ve really been working on, Jeanine! Then the other missionaries had great surprises! A few weeks ago we had a surprise at church when a woman named Ashlyn showed up. Turns out that she has been LA for a while. She was sitting on the train when a random person handed her the new gospel principles book. She started reading it, loved it, and the Holy Ghost was just pushing her to get back to church. Within 3 weeks she got married and got a recommend for baptisms! NOW! We are teaching her husband who is loving it and wants to get baptized! :D He came to all of Saturday and Sunday’s conference! They are full throttle! I love it! Go LA work! Members seriously are KEY to missionary work! It is incredible! Her wedding was actually quite a big deal for me. Very last minute an elder came in and told us that we were singing. Um…if anyone knows me they know that I DO NOT sing and it is embarrassing to me. Very. I will sing in a choir ok, but they threw me in to a duet with my comp…which wow, if you heard us in the morning when we sing before comp study….haha, lets just say that the Spanish sisters get a kick out of it. Well I was so upset and scared and embarrassed that I was crying and there was no way out of it bc there was no one else to do it. I was SO embarrassed! This was such a big deal for me. Especially when we had to practice in front of all the elders. Oh my….well I did it and they said it sounded good. I don’t think any one realized how scary this was for me or that I have NEVER sang in anything before. Not in the shower, choir, around the house and if I was…it was in the car with Amber screaming our guts out PRETENDING that we could sing ;) and it was either country or the national anthem haha. For realz. If I ever had a tune in my head I would let it out on the piano…I AM NOT VOCAL. Ask my mother my voice is HORRID! Lol. Well it was quite eventful for me. I was kinda upset to be thrown in such a position with no practice but hey, I can now say that I have been asked to sing at a wedding lol. I think that i am going to do american idol when i get home. :)

Well I really hope everyone is doing well. I am just loving the sun. We have ultimate Frisbee today as a zone so I’m gonna get going. I can’t believe it is the end of the transfer! Transfer 8 is here! NUTS! I love you all and hope you have a great, safe, and blessed week!



Love,

Sister Phillips

2 comments:

  1. Make sure you go back to the Marie Osmond ladie's house. I want to hear if she keeps her deal. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wanted the above comment on Brad's sorry. Anyhow good job Sister Phillips. At least you did it instead of running away screaming. LOL

    That's awesome about the new couple. Keep it up we pray for you always!!

    ReplyDelete