Monday, April 12, 2010

miLeS oF sMiLeS~‏

Wat up wat up?!? Can I just say I LOVE THIS WORK! Oh my gosh…I guy just totally belched so loud and I was the only one to flip around to see who was the releaser! NEW YORK IS BOMB! Hhahahaha. Anyway, so today is the last day of the transfer and tomorrow is the start of transfer 8 for me! Holy Moly! Sister Smith and I are staying and that is awesome! J We are sad that 2 elders are leaving us in our district though. I can say that this has been the best district my whole mission! We have had so much fun and see incredible things! But new and better things await! I always love a new transfer so I can see where I stand and set goals to make my weaknesses strengths and make the next transfer even better. I love it I love it. So I really want to get my good news out, I can’t wait. Efrain is getting baptized on SUNDAY! Wow holy my cow! I am so darned excited! Efrain is Ashlyn’s husband that I talked about last week btw. So we were teaching him and told him to pray about his date bc he was a bit nervous about his mother. (they live with her so ya…) Well we met on Friday and he told us the 18th. J we met again on Sunday and Elder Thiot (DL) was there so he was able to get his interview right then! He is good to go! J Ashlyn was saying how she just couldn’t stop smiling and said that he has been through many many missionaries (he would even cook for them, but never sit in the lessons) and we are the only ones that he has stayed with and actually progressed with J Super exciting. Seeing his smile seriously is so great. I just love it so much. I can talk to 50 ppl a day and maybe get a few investigators, but when a member introduces a friend to the gospel…it is legit. I just love it! Ashlyn wants to sing at his baptism so she asked me to play. I gotta find some music! One of the elders told me that there is always Sister Williams who is always willing to play if I couldn’t and Ashlyn looked at me and said, “But it would just be so nice if you could play at it.” J That made me feel good J I am excited to share these great experiences with you when I get home. We visited the Indian family that got baptized in Missouri a year ago last night. It feels really good bc they really love us a lot. She bought us both skirts, it was so cute. She speaks hindu so she has a hard time speaking but her kids are a lot of help. Anyway, she was upset the other night bc we didn’t have time to stay and eat, so we went back last night and she thought it was so funny to keep feeding us and feeding us. She even got up from where she was and moved across from me and said, “I can’t see her face.” I was making faces at the kids of how full I was. The kids were so hyper and laughing so loud and mom (Jatinder) was just loving it. I had so so so much fun. I really love that family. They have really struggled bc the church here is very diff than Missouri I guess and they haven’t come for a long time. They have forgotten a lot, but S. Smith and I have come a really long way with them and we are super excited to be able to work with them for another 6 weeks. Even though those 6 weeks seem like 1. I love being with the people here in Jamaica. They are so good. I will really miss this area a lot. They love the missionaries and its so nice. Its hard tho when they don’t have an example of how the church is supposed to run. Its so new here and they are all pretty much convert, but every one of these members gives so much and are so devoted. It’s beautiful. I hope that we can help pull it together and make this ward a Family.

I hope everyone is doing good. I am loving my letters. Thank you so much. They brighten my day. I am very blessed with the best family ever. You have made life easy. That is a fact. Love you so much and have a splendid week.

Love,

Sister Nettie Phillips

1 comment:

  1. Great stories!!! So excited about the work your doing, I guess our prayers are paying off. LOL JK LOvE Ya!!

    ReplyDelete