Monday, November 1, 2010

*Be StiLL*‏

Hello Everyone!

This week was awesome, super tiring but awesome! I had a neat little experience. On Wednesday we were struggling finding people to teach. We'd knock and knock and no one would be home or answer. So we were trying to find an area with some activity. On top of that two of our appt's had to cancel. We weren't feeling anywhere so it was gettin a little frustrating. I was getting rather overwhelmed and flustered thinking, "Heavenly Father, why can't you please lead us to someone? Time is runnin short...I just want to teach..." I was just getting a little frustrated that He wasn't really "sending" us anywhere. I knew we needed to just pick an area and get out and tract, but it is hard to be motivated when you feel you've done it before and no one will be home. We had some calls that started coming of the past transfer and so Sis Jewkes was talking to them. She being the designated driver we were pulled over and so I was getting more and more ansy (sp?) just sitting there. Then I saw a guy walking and coming past the car. As he passed he gave a somewhat smile and I felt a pang of inward turmoil come from him. I thought, "Great! Someone to teach! Let's go!" But he continued to walk and whatever it was for some reason I was held back and didn't jump outta the car and go! As he rounded the corner, I got even more upset with myself, wondering what was my deal and why in the world did i just let the teaching opportunity that obviously Heavenly Father put right in front of my face, pass me by. When Sis Jewkes got off the phone, after driving around the block we decided maybe it'd just be best to go ahead and take our lunch. I hid out in the bathroom for a bit and read a new era article and then went into the bedroom and prayed for the rest of the time. We then went back out to attempt finding someone again. I decided that maybe we should just try to pull over and pray about a specific area. We pulled over and prayed and then stared at the map for about 5 minutes. I then realized I had left my thumb drive with my pics at the library that monday and went to the library to find that it wasn't there. Luckily it wasn't the one with all of my missions pics on it. As we got to the car I saw a penny on the ground. I felt inside something say, "Be still and know that I am God. Trust in me." We finally headed over the Area 7 and pulled over and tried to help a lady with leaves (which we've been dying to do) and she refused. We drove and drove and then decided on a street, Bayshore Ave. We taught 6 lessons and out of that 3 wanted a Book of Mormon, in 40 minutes!!!! One of the lessons, the lady had lost a son at age 18 and has lost alot of faith bc of that. I love being able to talk about the Plan of Salvation and how the Book of Mormon teaches about everything in life and brings comfort no matter what your situation is. We are so excited. So I def learned a lesson. Heavenly Father truly has his way of trying our faith and patience. He has his timing. We must be still, slow down sometimes and know that everything is in His hands. Our joy and happiness and peace must not be a product of circumstance, but a product of our faith in our Father and Savior Jesus Christ.

Maria is doing amazing! Her UT friend comes down this Thursday. She called last week and said that she can't seem to get herself down from the cloud she is on. :D She really is just so amazing. She is not focusing on getting everything together and ready, but focusing on the spirit and how exciting and special this time is. She really is so incredible. She told me that I have to come out when she goes to the temple. OH!!! I don't want to leave these people.... Her baptism will be this sunday at 12 and she will be confirmed after that in church!!! Wahoo!!!!! :D

Well I hope everyone had a Happy Halloween! Happy November and enjoy the beautiful automn season. I know that Heavenly Father lives and loves us, and that He is always with us, very aware of our troubles, desires, and dreams. He knows us personally, by name, and wants the best for us. How great it is that we have the potential to someday be like Him. Have a great week and I love you all!

Love,
Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment