Monday, August 30, 2010

siLLy SiSteRs-----‏

Hey there my grand family! I don’t have much for updates this week. We had a great week of tracting and are still teaching a lot of people, just workin on getting them to progress. The weather here was feeling a lot like fall and the nights are getting cooler and darker. It’s weird bc it feels too early for that. We are half way through the transfer and I’ve been thinkin about my last transfer. I said since I left the Island last time that I didn’t want to come back and I wanted to die in the city J As people here have been finding out that I only have one left, with their sad faces they add, “Well you’ll prob stay here…we sure want you to stay here…” This happened twice this week and my heart just pulled at those words and their faces. I seriously have grown to love these people so much. Course…when does that not happen right? Every area I seem to grow so attached. I love the city and would love to say good bye in the city….yet, it would be so hard to leave these people after only 2 transfers with them. I was planning on bringing up the city with President in my President’s letter…but now I’m thinkin that I will leave it all up to the Lord. I feel there is still a lot of work that needs to be done here. It feels good to be loved and it feels really good to see all the great things that are happening here. To see the fruits of our diligent labor of the first transfer is so rewarding. I will def leave a piece of my heart here in New York. But thankfully I have a good 9 weeks left to give my all! J

This week had some funny things seriously happen. Man, 3 tired girls is not a good combination….we tend to get pretty giggly and silly. I think I will withhold the one bit of hilarious news due to public humiliation haha, but you can gladly ask my mother lol. But the other part well, plainly put…we just tend to create the title “Stupid Sisters.” Haha. So we were leaving an investigators and going to go look up an inactive. The map showed that the road that brought us goes right through, right to the place we were going. So we get down about half a mile and like a few of roads in our area it turns to sand. I’m thinkin it looks pretty deep….but my comps rooted me on and insisted we continue. Haha…oh no. So we get going and about 30 maybe 40 feet in the car starts sliding all over the place and sinks. I stop and go to back up…. But the wheels spin. Now, from the many times of being stuck with Bailey and his “fun digging” I learned a few things haha. My comps are out of the car yellin at me to keep tryin and I knew that we would burry ourselves. Luckily there were some nice blocks and pieces of wood around where we were (we were stuck on a trail that looked as if it was going straight into a mountain full of trees lol) and so we gathered all we could find and did our best to stick them under the front tires (gotta love front wheel drive) . But each time we tried we sunk deeper and deeper. So on our hike back to civilization lol we called the elders who had a great laugh and were able to get a shovel from a security guy to the housing development where we were. By the time the elders got there we had shoveled a bit out and realized we were . When the elders had a look and made a go they told us to go find some ppl to recruite. When we got back they had jacked the car and shoveled it out and put boards under the wheels more. We and 4 boys pushed and we got it out. What a chore! Hhahaha, ya….we remembered the last time we had a chevy Malibu, and we got a diff car since then. Why did we get stuck? Bc we had a Ford. Haha I’m jk. So that was quite an eventful day. We continued the day with sand in our nylons and between our toes and dirty shoes and skirts. Haha, memories~

Well that is all I have for now. I hope school is going good for everyone and you have a great new week! J and Happy September! :D

Love,

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment