Monday, August 23, 2010

jOy iN tHe jOuRnEy~‏

Hey family! How is everyone? Tuesday we picked up our #3, Sister Tauteoli or “T.” J She is from Tonga and left from Cali where her fam now resides. She is great. She was a former Methodist. I lived with her for 3 transfers in Brookly so we are excited to serve together and have an extra sister to help us with our massive area :D We did a bit of tracting this week and got in to teach a spanish mother and her 2 daughters. They came to church yesterday! So that was super awesome! They really liked it :D We also went tracting to our neighbors and now have a few ppl from that, which is super awesome. We had some sad experiences with it as you always do. An old man who is an artist really let us know that we need to put our heads on straight and stop selling religion and making ppl believe what we believe. He told us to pause and think if there really is a god and got really….just not good. He also said he has tried killin himself 4 times. Crazy thing? We could see him in a baptism suit. It was sad, but hopefully his heart will soften. We are loosing one of our most active members/family. The worlds best correlator is moving and I just cried! He is the most loving/caring person I have ever met! But…..he is being a traitor!!!!! He is moving to RALEIGH NORTH CAROLINA! Yup, hey it makes me rather happy he is going there to my awesome missionary brother and I really hope he gets to serve in his ward. Gosh, Idk what my deal is lately but I really don’t have much to tell….we are teaching lots and its great. We really are doing great and as I said before of how I felt this would be a great transfer, it truly will be! Our teaching pool is really starting to fill with investigators and we are doing what we are here to do. Cry repentance and bring ppl to baptism by bringing them hope through knowledge of our savior and redeemer Jesus Christ. Time flies, I got to my last zone conference next week sadly. I am doing my best to fill my days with work and doing what the Lord would have me do. I love this gospel and I do know that it is God’s church on the earth today. I can say that it is the only TRUE church, and by saying that I mean that it has ALL the ordinances and principles that Christ established. I love you all so much and hope you have a BEAUTIFUL week! Love you!

Love,

Sister Phillips

2 comments:

  1. You are doing so awesome. I'm so very proud of you. What a fine example you are. The things you have learned on your mission will live with you always. Will be so glad to see you and hug you close. Crazy, notice the first word of each sentence. Well, YOU are important to me. Love you the most. Gma D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, so now it's not. When I was typing this each line started with YOU, now it doesn't. Oh well. Love you bunches.

    ReplyDelete