Monday, July 19, 2010

tHe WiLL wiThiN~‏

Hello everyone J Another week down, time flies, I can’t believe it is already Monday again. This was a pretty rough week so its nice that it went fast. We had door after door shut in our faces…no one even would listen or give us a chance to say anything. Finally yesterday, our last house, an older lady answered and they were about to have dinner with their family that I think was visiting. She read our tags and asked us if we could come back J We are hoping and praying that she is the reason we were out there. It is hard to come from the city, teaching a ton bc you are surrounded with ppl) to the Island where it is very slow and feel like you aren’t teaching anyone. I know there is a reason that we are here in Riverhead, I know there are ppl here that need us…and we just have to remember that. It is hard not to get discouraged and not focus on numbers as well as keep the faith as we go from house to house especting each one to gladly say, “We’d love to hear your message!” Sister Winterton and I work really well together. It is as if we are living here as friends. We get along great and laugh a lot, and that really helps when the work is slow. Opening an area is hard stuff, but I know that this experience is really going to push me and make me stronger. We are praying lots and hard, as well as tracting and teaching every person we meet. If we see a family we will find a place to pull over and share a card. Yesterday we got doors shut and blinds snapped shut lol…its rather sad, I wish ppl weren’t so scared and hard toward us. But its ok. We moved into our new apt on Saturday. Wow, I feel yet again so spoiled. We live in a beautiful apt. It’s huge. We have nothing to fill it with. I wish we had a couch lol. I wish I would’ve gotten pics but I guess that will have to wait for next week. We have a dishwasher and brand new carpet, huge closets each and more closets. Laundry is right on the campus which is nice. I feel so spoiled and idk…like I’m not a missionary bc I am not living in a broken down ghetto apt with the cocroaches J It is so beautiful here. The ppl here they have all these things that they fill their lives with, trying to fill the whole they have with things that only bring them temporary happiness…. We are so blessed to have that whole filled with everlasting peace and happiness. Anywho, we are looking up a lot of inactives and are doing really quite well there. We have gotten in with quite a few and I feel pretty good about them. I think that we will be able to help some if not all of them to come back J We are doing our best to be creative and think of diff ways to find ppl and also help them and serve. It is kinda hard lol. But life is good. I love it here and I love being a disciple of the one who died for us all. I feel Him lifting me and guiding me every step of the way. And I know that He is always there. How rich in blessings we are just for knowing that. I love you all so much and hope you have a beautiful and blessed week. J

Love,

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment