Monday, July 12, 2010

liViN iT uP~

Holla familia!!!!!



I finally have news and of course when I do I really have a lot! Last Thursday we missed a call from pres. So I am going to the voicemail all laughin at sis. Bartschi bc we are sure she is training….well it came back at me when pres asked for me to call him back. He told me to sit down (haha) and told me that I was going to open an area on the Island for sisters. I am pretty excited yet was really sad to be goin back to the Island (car=weight gain and not the city.) Sunday was hard. Things were crazy getting stuff ready for the baptism. We found out at church that she was leavin on wed for Haiti till Sept. So we were all callin prez tryin to figure out if we could have her confirmed that night or they could do it in Haiti. We we got it approved for that night and then it was a mess trying to figure out how we were gonna get everyone to Richmond Hill where the font is. We finally got it all figured out (we hoped) and the ZL’s said they’d give us a ride. We go to pull away and we got a flat! So we got to quickly throw everything outta the trunk and change the tire. It was such a crazy stressful day and the baptism of course left me sobbing. Afterwards, Anne asked us over for dinner. It was so nice and there were fireworks all around her house. It was beautiful. One of the best 4th of Julys! Monday after the ward bbq I was rollin my clothes and getting rid of quite a bit tryin to make everything fit. LOL. I have accumulated quite a bit haha. I will be workin on that the next 4 months. Luckily I will be leavin a lot of these ugly sister missionary clothes and never so them again! MUAH AHAHAHAHAHAHAH! Alright so it was way funny bc when they announced in transfer mtg the new area and that I and sister winterton were going there, the elders were so funny! All the gasps and such. A whole bunch came up to me afterwards and told me how lucky I was and how it turns out to be everyones favorite that serves there. Oh ya. We are in Riverhead. As far as you can go on the Island till you hit water. We got a nice chevy Malibu (now I really have to watch what I eat lol) and it took us 11/2 hours to get here at least. It takes us that to get to some of the members. We cover all the Hamptons and also shelter island, which we have to take a ferri to get there. We are also living in the Hamptons. Hampton Bays. We aren’t there yet tho bc for now we are living with the sr couple in their nice house J For the first time in a year I have been able to read on a couch and have carpet. We have a nice room in the back surrounded with windows and it is right on the churchs property=next door J We even get to eat whatever we want lol. So I feel completely spoiled…. No “we lived in a shaq with the ghetto ppl with rats nibbling our ears and toes.” Lol. We are doing a lot of tracting trying to find ppl. We fearlessed at walmart the other day. One of us would take their cart and the other would teach. Haha, we haven’t met a mean white person yet! They have all been pretty nice. We know where Billy Joel and Calvin Clein live so we are thinking that will be our next stop hahaha. A family just got baptized and they seem like they’ve always been members. She even taught the lesson is RS yesterday! But their 2 daughters (16, 14) got baptized first then came the parents and now the brother whos almost 8 is on his way. J They are incredible. The dad actually is the one who started going. It is so amazing to listen to him. He was so concerned about his family and his daughters having the high standards, they even searched through churches and couldn’t find what they were looking for. When they came to the LDS it felt right at home and it was everthing they were lookin for J so amazing, they are white too! Lol. We are feeling really good about this area. The ward is so sweet and are so excited to have sisters! For the first time! It feels so nice when they are so excited J Well I think that is all for now. I hope everyone is doing well and has fun at the reunion! Love you sosoosososos muchess! Take care, be safe, KEEP THE FAITH~



Love,

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment