Monday, January 11, 2010

family!‏

Hey there, hi there, ho there!This week was a rather slow week. It’s been extremely hard because I’m sure my mono has inflamed again due to stresses of a mission so I have been soooo tired, and it’s pretty hard to get sleep on a mission…and sleep being the only thing that helps mono. But, just keep swimming, swimming, swimming! We met some great people this week though. It’s fun to see the Lord’s hand in our every day. We were having a rough day—very exhausted… and called our media referral to be sure that he was going to be there and not juke us or it’d be a waste to go all the way out to where he is. (He is on the very edge of our area.) So he said we were still on. Well on our way I fearlessed a couple of people, one lady who lived in his same project. She was so sweet! She asked where we were from bc if we were from NY we wouldn’t be around that area at night. When we said Idaho she freaked out and gave us a hug lol. She then gave us her number and said if we ever needed anything or a place to run to we could go to her house. Haha. She was so sweet. I was pretty nervous bc of what she said and when we visited this Media Referral (Bett) for the first time, I remembered something being said about tracting projects, which was our plan after we visited Bett. So I called our DL and he said that we could tract a couple but to not go into any elevators with anyone…lol! Great! Well that’s comforting! There had been an elder in our area who took the elevator at night at a project and a guy robbed them. He took E. Olsen’s camera and Olsen was like, “Can I at least have my memory card?” “NO!” then they just sat there in awkwardness as the elevator went down. Ba hahahahah! Stupid ppl. Well anyways. We got to Bett’s and guess what…he juked! We then called and he didn’t answer. We stood there and someone called right after us…he answered! So we were like well, we’ll just go fearless on the train. On our way I fearlessed a lady named Diane. She was awesome! She had just moved from Massachussettes 3 months ago and was going to a Baptiste church there but hasn’t found a church here yet. We invited her and she said she’d love to come. We are praying she does. She was very sincere. I’m learning how to carry the stress of a mission. The people you serve amongst really grow on you and you gain a very deep love for them. I’ve grown a very strong love for a lot of the people here and am scared to leave. But it’s comforting to know that I have close friends/family all over thanks to the church. Yesterday in R.S we did an activity where we all got in a big circle and took a moment to go around and look at all the women, concentrating on any inspiration that came of how we could serve any one. I just cried as I looked at each one. Realizing that each one of them is a daughter of God, my sister, and each of them is struggling with something. A huge love just blossomed inside of me. Anyways. It was a really cool experience. It is so hard to carry all the things a mission brings. We talked with a LA who told us of sleeping on the street bc they are homeless and the shelter was treating them bad, and then thinking of suicide and just crazy things. I was so overwhelmed and just wanted somewhere to cry. I wish so bad that missionaries were heroes and we could help everyone. But that is how I’m learning to use the atonement. We do all we can to help our brothers and sisters, and when we do do all we can, then we must trust in our Savior and his atonement, knowing that He will take care of the rest. I’m learning to really rely on the Lord. Instead of running to my mom or Bailey when times are hard, I run to my Heavenly Father. It’s been a very spiritual awakening to get down on my knees each time I struggle or need help; and that’s a lot. I love the fact that he is always there to talk to, and realizing the reality of that. No one knows us on a more personal basis then our brother Jesus Christ. He felt everything that we will go through. He is there to succor. I’m so grateful to learn all of this so that when I get home and do go through hard times, I know what to do. Jesus Christ knows how to succor his people bc he knows how it feels. I stepped on the train the other day just after teaching a woman. When I stepped on I felt a feeling of exhaustion as I looked around, trying to be guided on the next person I would talk to. It was then that I felt strongly that my Savior was standing right next to me. I knew I wasn’t alone and that He had been where I was. No, he didn’t preach on a train. But he taught millions of people, alone. He was mocked and spat upon, alone. He wasn’t afraid, for he knew he was on the Lord’s errand. I’m learning to not fear what man can do and use the power and authority that I have been set apart with. I am on the Lord’s errand. He is not a God of fear. I love learning to be guided by the spirit and seeing when it really leads my words. When I go back and reflect on what I said and realize that I said things I haven’t taught before. This is truly the Lord’s work. I know He lives and loves us and will use us for the building up of his kingdom. I know that we have the truth. I love you all so much and hope you have a great week. Help the missionaries and always be searching and sharing the gospel with those who are around you. We need our members so much. The work would be so much easier if our members were really missionaries; especially here in NY. There are people prepared all around us who are waiting for us and our personalities/talents... Who you can save! Love you!Sister Phillips

2 comments:

  1. Okay now I'm ticked. This is the third time I have tried to post. Once more. I think you and Mickaela were born under the same star. You both have such amazing testimonies. You are such great examples to me. This isn't what it started out to be, but I'm done. I love you the most!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading your letters and hearing your testimony grow. It's helps my testimony to grow and I love you for that and so many other things as well.

    ReplyDelete