Monday, January 25, 2010

fam sham bam‏

Hi’ya! How goes it? Well this week I started my 6th transfer, my 4th in Park Slope. It’s crazy to think that I have been here for that long…But things look as if they are really going to look up. The ward has set some great goals for this year that sound like they will be really helping us a lot. We are behind in baptisms to hit our 800 goal by November, but with faith, prayers and the wards help, God will def make a way  And I have great news!....we finally, after a transfer or two….GOT AN INVESTIGATOR!  We had a pretty good week. We were out looking up some referrals and actually were able to accidently come across one and we got an appt! But as we were heading back we were trying to talk to everyone who passed. We hit a lil dry spell and then a boy was passing…I hesitated, but did it anyways. His name is Derek and he is 16. I asked him what his biggest fear was and he said death. Which was perfect bc we were able to teach a really good Plan of Salvation talk. The spirit totally led and it was great to feel/hear it working through me. I asked him if he played any sport and he said basketball. It was awesome bc I used basketball to explain how each time we make a basket it feels good, but we able to move back and stretch ourselves and progress, and it’s never ending, we can always get better. I then told him that it’s the same after this life. That we are here to progress and learn and it isn’t wasted; that we do the same after this life. He loved it!  It was great and it felt so good! Well that is pretty much all for this week. We are talking to everyone we possibly can. The work gets harder and harder but that’s what makes it sweeter and sweeter. I can’t wait to see what the future will bring. OH! I think I talked about Candid last time. I think she is really struggling bc I was finally able to get a hold of her and she said she’d call back and she didn’t.  It’s really sad and I really hope things will work out, but I know it’s all in God’s hands. Our whole pad is new. We got 3 different sisters, one of which is BRAND new. She came straight from Maryland bc the MTC said there was some prob with her flying there; even though she had been for BYU. So she didn’t get the MTC experience, SO SAD! She is Korean and very sweet. Sorry this email is kinda lame this week. I wish I had more spiritual experiences to share but I guess you’ll prob get double next week  I hope everyone is doing well and I will be back next week!  Love you! ~Sister Phillips

1 comment:

  1. Hi beautiful, sounds like you are still doing good. I'm sure it gets really hard sometimes. It seems life is just dang hard not to mention being on a mission. Life is a journey. I wrote a song, Quess I'll tell you the words, that is if you want to see them. It's called The Plan
    When my life seems dark and dreary, and I'm feeling all alone, And the shadows pull me under and I feel I can go on, Satin tells me I'm a failure and I'm needed by on one, That I'll never be found worthy and my prayers are all in vain.
    Chorus: Help me Father understanad that I am part of thy great plan. Let me feel of tender love coming from my home above Put your arms securely round me and renew my faith in thee.

    As I humble kneel before thee and I plead for tender mercy, I know that thou are near me and thou knowest me by name. And I hear thy spirit whisper "Child I understand thy pain. Please remember that I love you be strong until I call thee home.

    I know life is but a journey that we all agreed to take. We were eager to pursure it with many choices here to make. Thou knewest we would faulter and stray from the narrow way. so the Savior came among us our sins to take away

    When our journey here is over and with thee we will return, We will stand up before thee to report what we have learned. Let thy loving arms enfold us and our sorrows wash away. With this earthly home behind us, Peace be with us know I pray.
    Chorus
    Still has some work. Love you

    ReplyDelete