Monday, February 22, 2010

jAmAiCa QuEeNs!‏

Hi family. Things are a lil diff now, I only have an hour to email so I will do my best to hurry and get everything in.

I LOVE JAMAICA! It is super crazy J I can’t believe it is already Monday! So a week ago I was getting all my last packing done. We had a zone activity and played Billiards in Dyker Heights. I think the hardest thing has been leaving that zone. I can’t believe I was with some of those ppl for 6 months, 4 transfers! I created some really good friends who helped me a lot and I was sad to leave. Tuesday morn the office elders came and got me. S. Bartschi was really sad, but we made it. I got in the van and asked where S. Kevan was. My new comp, S. Smith looked at me and said, “Your really don’t know anything that is going on do you?” Apparently not. Well turns out that we WERE being blinded in and I was sr comp. great! Haha. Taking over an area and learning it all by yourself you think would be really hard…but it hasn’t been. Jamaica is really an easy place to get around. It’s all buses and we only use one train. And I stick out like a sore thumb for sure! J Our apartment is really nice so that is fun. Groceries are really expensive. We have incredible ppl here and it really is the land of the prepared. A family of 6 was baptized last week, so there were 6 confirmations yesterday! The ppl are so humble and sweet. I have already made great friends. It is so hard bc they have really cheap clothes!!! J haha, I love living on such a small budget. We have ppl who are wanting to get baptized and I am really excited. I feel that this is going to be a really good place for me. I think that the trial of the faith is bringing forth it’s blessings J At our combined district mtg there were a lot of coming baptisms and I was like “yeahhh!!!” and they all looked at me haha. One of the elders told me they are just so use to it. They have had at least on baptism a week this whole transfer. Wow. I am so excited. I love when they have brick roads and sidewalks too J Just thought I would throw that in there. The Lord is ever mindful of us. He knows what we need. I can’t believe Brad leaves next week…so crazy… I can’t believe its already about March…kinda scary… I am excited for summer tho, but I have heard it gets really bad here. And I was in a car last summer J Jamaica is a very busy city and I love it; alot of ppl. I know that isn’t very much, things have just been crazy. I’m doing my best at being a good missionary as well as leader. I love you all and hope you have a great week and enjoy Brad’s farewell!!! I love you Brad!!! You are going to be GREAT!



Love always,

Sister Phillips

No comments:

Post a Comment